Steve Le Roy Harris
- 07453 302625
Outside of work I have a keen interest in VR, 3d printing and homebrew electronics.
React Native / TypeScript / Blockly / C++ / Embedded
A senior contracting role supporting development of products for the Christmas 2019 season.
- Delivered a prototype React Native app for user testing and marketing to buyers
- Developed a block coding experience, code generator, runtime and simulator
- Wrote a Bluetooth communications API in C++ for the associated embedded device
Senior Front-End Developer - British PearlNovember 2017 - September 2018
React / Redux / ES2015+
A property investment platform implemented as a single page React app.
- Achieved an 85% reduction in load time through code splitting, lazy loading and bundle optimisation
- Championed E2E testing, integrating Selenium into the Jenkins CI pipeline
- Documented the codebase and trained new developers
Lead Developer - BRINK Polar LightMay 2017 - October 2017
React Native / Redux / D3
A cross-platform mobile app to control the BRINK Polar Light, a physical lamp with a Philips Hue bulb, using light spectrum data from an Antarctic research station.
- Optimised rendering of a large data set to maintain high frame rate and UI responsiveness on a range of mobile devices
- Delivered an app prototype which secured funding for the startup
Contract C++ Developer - Simula VRApril 2017
C++ / Linux / OSVR
Added OSVR integration to the client's virtual reality windowing system, allowing use with a range of input devices and headsets.
Freelance Web Developer - Various ClientsDecember 2008 - March 2017
- React, React Native, Redux
- JS inc. ES2015+ with Node.js & Babel
- Typed JS with Flow, TypeScript
- CSS3, Styled Components, CSS Modules, Sass, Less
- HTML5, JSX
- Webpack, Gulp, Grunt
- TDD with jest, selenium
- git workflow
- Created the new API for writing neovim plugins in JS (neovim/node-client on github), focussing on ease of use for plugin developers while remaining backwards compatible with the legacy decorator API.
- Forked webpack's css loader to output ES2015 modules, which made it possible to tree-shake unused CSS at build time and avoiding the need to scrape the live site to discover unused CSS
- Maintain numerous C++ libraries for the OSVR ecosystem, allowing the use of peripherals like the Kinect, PS Move and Wiimote with modern VR games.
University of Bristol2003-2006
BA Philosophy, 2:1
Imperial College London2001-2002
Completed first year of BEng Computing at at 2:1 level, before switching to a humanities degree due to career uncertainty created by the dot com crash. Hindsight is 20/20!
Hautlieu School, Jersey
A levels: Maths (A), Physics (A), Chemistry (A), Further Maths (B)
Available on request
Steve Le Roy Harris
Unit EG1, 183 Bow Road, London E3 2SJ
t: 07453 302625 - e: email@example.com